Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Little Spur of the Moment Trip to Melaka

Went to Melaka for a day trip last Saturday with my company buddies and their family. Since I couldn’t manage to have vacation overseas, Cuti-cuti Malaysia is one of the best options. Did I mention that Melaka is my hometown? And it’s a shame that as a Malaccan, I did not really explore and discover all that the historical city has to offer. When comes to giving road directions, I failed shamefully. I kept on giving the wrong ones to Mr.Driver, who had an elevated blood pressure after that. *blush* Nevertheless, I still know where to guide them for good foods.

Before the trip

Love the eyelet details!

What we had for lunch, Hoe Kee chicken ball rice. Yummy!

Windy day

Little Cow, Perry's sis & her son on the trishaw. Not cheap. RM10 per ride around the Stadhuys building.

Little Cow & the Old Cow

Queen Victoria's Fountain

Mother-to-be, Caral

Old Cow & me

Perry & her nephew

Me, Caral & Perry's mum

We hang out at my house after the Stadhuys visit since it’s a little early for Jonker Walk. I managed to catch up with Papa and Mama duck for awhile. I was happy to receive a few ang pao’s that Mama duck kept for me when I’m not around during CNY. Yay!

Crowds at Jonker Street

Nostalgic collectibles

Assorted puzzle, cards & board games

Colourful polkadots sandal for RM10 only.

And that is all for the trip. Random but fun!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com